Full day tour of Connemara and Galway
Our one day tour to Connemara transports you to see one of Ireland's 7 Wonders - 'Connemara National Park' at the very western and wild side of Ireland. We show you the most breathtaking sights and scenery Connemara has on offer. With the wild Atlantic on one side of you during the day and wild endless mountains on the other, you will feel so elated driving through this amazing place. One of only two places in Ireland where sheep have the right of way over cars on the road! In the morning and evening, you have to be careful driving as they tend to sleep on the main roads!
Connemara is one of the most beautiful and mysterious regions in Ireland. Its endless mountains, lakes and wild landscape will stay with you forever. Can you draw up the courage of a lion to walk across one of Ireland's amazing bogs or maybe a leisurely stroll along the beautiful sweeping beach looking out on Killary Fjord is more your idea of heaven.
We have the very best tour guides in the business with charming accents who will tell you tales of old and interesting facts all day long! They will guarantee you will not want to get off the bus at the end of your magical day trip with us.
Don't just see Ireland, Love Ireland.
- We will make our way west out of Dublin City heading for Galway as our adventure begins.
Visit 1: Galway
- We stop for coffee* before the adventures begin.
- We then take the very scenic coast road from Galway towards Oughterard, the gateway to Connemara. We pass through quaint villages unmatched anywhere else in Ireland.
- Not far into our journey you will get to stop at the famous bridge that was used in the Quiet Man film with John Wayne.
Visit 2: Gaeltacht region
- We will stop at Maam Cross where you will see for the first time one of numerous lakes that makes Connemara so famous.
- This is a Gaeltacht region where the locals speak Irish so you may have to learn a few words on your journey if you want a cup of tea!
- While driving we will have the Maumturk Mountains to our right side before seeing the magnificent Glencoaghan horseshoe part of the Twelve Bens Mountain range.
Visit 2: Inagh Valley and Kylemore Abbey
- This is the most beautiful region of Connemara and we will have plenty of time for photos.
- Our next stop is at Kylemore Abbey for a photo stop, one of the most distinct buildings in Ireland.
Visit 3: Killary Fjord
- We visit the majestic setting of 'Killary Fjord', Ireland's only fjord.
- Marvel at all the mussel beds in the fjord as you look at Mweelrea, the highest mountain on the west coast of Ireland.
- From there we will take you to Killary Sheep farm, a traditional working mountain farm with approx 200 loo ewes and lambs roaming freely in the mountain overlooking Killary Fjord.
Visit 4: Leenane
- This is where the enigmatic Hollwood movie "The Field" was filmed.
- We will be driving in a circular route that will take in a picture stop of the Sheefry Hills before making our way back to Maum and then onto Galway City.
Visit 5: Galway City
- Spend an hour walking & sightseeing around Galway City before departing back for Dublin. Galway is a bohemian and happy city with a very young population.
- Arrive back in Dublin to reminisce about your fun filled day!
*Sorry lunch & drinks not included in fare
This tour is operated by an independent organisation and is subject to change.