Gray Line Dublin & City Sightseeing Dublin (Part of the Dualway Group)
Sightseeing Tours Terms & Conditions
These conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing.
All rates/quotations are at the discretion of the company. All rates are subject to change. The company must honour any quotation issued in writing within six months of travel.
Any deposit requested must be paid by the date stated, and payment in full must be made before embarking on a tour, unless otherwise agreed by the company. The company reserve the right to refuse any pre-paid passenger who does not supply the relevant documentation/voucher to confirm their payment. All children must be accompanied by an adult: as such no child ticket can be issued independently. All tour reservations are subject to availability.
The purchaser acts on behalf of all passengers travelling on the vehicle. If they do not intend to travel a representative must be chosen, and the company informed prior to embarking on a tour. If the purchaser is a company, group or partnership, an individual must be named as a responsible person. Where a copy of these or any other conditions have been given to the purchaser at any time, or advised verbally of all the significant terms, making a booking will be deemed to signify acceptance of them.
Departure times, locations and tour black out dates are subject to change. Customers are requested to confirm their reservation one week before travel.
Extended Packages eg. Ring of Kerry Tours:
Ring of Kerry cancellations are subject to an immediate administrative service charge of €50.00 per booking. Applications to waiver this charge will only be considered if the application is made to the Dualway Group in writing, and is accompanied by a medical certificate.
Within 7 days prior to date of travel/coach booking date
100% Charge of full ticket/coach booking price. Owing to restricted seat availability on the Newgrange Tour final confirmation of numbers is required no later than 7 days prior to departure. Applications to waiver this charge will only be considered if the application is made to the Dualway Group in writing, and is accompanied by a medical certificate.
All Other Tours:
Within 7 days prior to date of travel - 50% charge
Within 5 days prior to date of travel - 75% charge
Within 48 hours or ‘No-show’ to date of travel - 100% charge
The charge is in relation to the total ticket price
Coach Hire Cancellations:
All coach hire cancellations must be received in writing no less than 14 days prior to the date of hire. A 15% administration fee will automatically apply to any cancellation.
Cancellation by the Company
In the event of an emergency, riot, civil commotion, strike, lock out stoppage or restraint of labour or on the happening of any event over which the company has no control (including adverse weather and road conditions) or where three or less passengers are travelling the company may, by returning all money paid and without further or other liability, cancel the contract.
Breakdowns and Delays
The company gives its advice on journey time in good faith. However, as a result of breakdown or traffic congestion, or other events beyond the reasonable control of the company, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances the company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the hirer as a result.
Route and Vehicle
The company reserves the right to substitute vehicles (including those of other operators) or ancillary facilities. The route used will be at the discretion of the company.
All vehicles are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons. The hirer accepts that the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether and what extent passengers’ property is carried. Large bulky items may not be able to be carried, and all steps should be taken to notify the company in advance of such requirements. The company will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen luggage/personal belongings.
Food and Beverage
Food or drink (including alcoholic beverages) may not be consumed on the vehicle without prior written consent from the company.
Conduct of Passengers
The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times, and as such may remove any passenger whose behaviour prejudices safety or is in breach of the Public Service Vehicle.
Customers are entitled to a full refund in the event that the company cancels a tour. All other refunds are at the discretion of the company. Customers are not entitled to a refund or partial refund to avail of a special offer.
In the event of a complaint about the company’s services, the hirer should endeavour to seek a solution at the time by seeking assistance from the driver or from the company. If this has not provided a remedy, complaints should be submitted in writing within 14 days of the termination date of the hire.
Dualway Coach Hire Terms & Conditions
The Dualway Group (Incorporating Dualway Coaches, Gray Line Dublin & City Sightseeing Dublin)
Terms & Conditions for Private Coach Hire
- All quotations given and contacts made by The Dualway Group Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “the company”) shall be subject to the terms and conditions listed below or printed on letters of confirmation, on the acceptance form, on advertising material, on web site material or on e-mail reply.
- The person responsible for all fees and charges relating to a booking (hereinafter will be referred to as the “hirer)
- The price quoted is on the basis of the information given at the time of the booking, and include time and distance the vehicle is required. Any extra time or mileage will be charged at a rate of quarter of the hourly rate for every 15 minutes extra the vehicle is retained or delayed. The Vintage coach requires additional journey time and should be considered at the time of hire.
- Additional services, not disclosed at the time of the booking which extend the time or distance, or require extra pick ups or drop off and which are not included in the package terms and conditions or quote will incur an extra charge, depending on the additional services used.
- Deposits, once paid, are non-refundable. A minimum eur150 is required to secure the hire of any vehicle, with exception to The Vintage coach, requiring eur300 and credit card details. A cancellation fee of eur100 is payable on all movements if cancelled on the day of hire before the departure of a coach. In the event that a coach has commenced its journey to the hirer a cancellation fee of eur150 applies.
- The company reserve the right to alter routes in the event of traffic or unforeseen circumstances that may jeopardise the safety of the vehicle. Given the nature of The Vintage coach certain terrain is not suitable. All routes and/or locations will be determined by the company.
- As each vehicle has a maximum amount of passengers allowed depending on the make size and design and the amount of seat belt fitted, no overloaded is allowed in any circumstance. Large pieces of luggage, go-cars or prams are not permitted in the passenger compartment of a vehicle, and should the driver determine that by including a certain piece of luggage or item it will overload the vehicle or due to its weight make it unsafe to handle, he/she may refuse to take, load or lift it. Items of luggage, which are deemed to be dangerous or protrude from the vehicle, will not be permitted. There is an allowance of 1 large piece of luggage per person while travelling in a vehicle. Passengers should refrain from carrying luggage on seats or from placing their feet on seats while travelling or seated in a vehicle.
- If a client is not ready to depart at the pre-arranged time as booked for or by them, the Dualway Group or its agent shall be entitled to depart from the arranged pick up point after a minimum waiting period of 15 minutes as determined by the work ticket and the full charge of the transfer or booking shall still apply.
- The hirer of the vehicle will be liable for and required to pay for any damage to the vehicle, which is due to, or caused by the passengers being carried in the vehicle, an independent assessment of the damage will be furnished to evaluate the cost of the repair.
- The hirer of the vehicle will be liable to pay a minimum soiling charge of €100.00 per vehicle.
- A credit card charge of 3% is payable and will be added on all bookings paid using credit card payment. A charge of €7.50 is applicable to bookings paid by Bank transfers and is payable by the Hirer These charges are to cover the transaction fee’s charged to The Dualway Group and will equal and not exceed the amount charged by the bank in processing such transactions.
- Although the Company endeavours to ensure that vehicles arrive at there allotted time and date we cannot be held responsible for vehicles delayed due to traffic delays, vehicle accidents or mechanical breakdowns, or punctures.
- The company reserves the right to provide a larger vehicle than that specified at no additional charge. The company reserves the right to substitute another vehicle (including those of other operators) or ancillary facilities for all or part of the hiring, subject to such substitutes being of a least equivalent quality.
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, all accounts are due for payment within 30 days from the date of invoice (time being of the essence of the contract) and unless so paid interest may be charged thereon at a rate of 2% above the rate for the time being fixed by the joint standing committee of the Associated Irish Banks for personal unsecured overdrafts. Such interest to accrue from day to day and be payable as well after as before any judgement if default is made in payment for any service on the date it falls due, the Company as its option shall be entitled to treat the contract as repudiated by the hirer and to claim damages. Where a contract provides for delivery of services by instalments, each instalment shall be charged for as if a separate contract. If the hirer shall make default in payment of any such instalment the Company may withhold or suspend further service until payment has been made and need not resume service unless and until arrangements have been made for further payments which are acceptable to the Company, or may rescind the contract without prejudice to its right to full compensation for breach thereof and without prejudice.
- In the event of complaint about the company’s service, the hirer should endeavour to seek a solution at the time by seeking assistance from the driver or from the company. If this has not provided a remedy, complaints should be submitted in writing and within 14 days of the termination date of the hire.
- Other than on a vehicle fitted expressly for that purpose, food (except confectionery) and drink (including alcoholic beverages) may not be consumed on the vehicle without prior written consent from the company. In the event that prior permission has been granted the company reserve the right to refuse additional alcohol to any persons intoxicated causing danger to himself or other persons. For safety all drinking/eating receptacles provided are plastic unless agreed otherwise.
- Invoice adjustments on the hirer’s credit card of either extra charges or refunds will show on the credit card statement as The Dualway Group.
- This contract shall be governed by and construed in all respects (including the formation and performance thereof) in with the law of the republic of Ireland.